On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 10:04:44AM -0600, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 03:53:26PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > Since I'm (at least) smart enough not to install proprietary software,
> > I don't have a strong problem with it, but for someone like RMS who
> > want's to be able to recommend strictly Free Software operating systems,
> > this can be seen as a severe drawback.
> >

> Just a few questions then:
>
>       - Why is it so easy to use gcc and emacs from Windows XP
>         without ever having to even know about gNewSense ? I'd
>         lie if I said I knew gNewSense before Stallman came to
>         troll here, and I've been working with people who make
>         a great use of gcc and emacs on Windows. Can't this be
>         seen as a severe drawback ?

No, they are using more Free Software than before. The opposit is a
drawback, IMHO, because more people is using proprietary software.

>       - What makes you think you are smarter than anybody just
>         because you don't install proprietary software ?

Not smarter, at least smart enough on this subject not to do that.

>         and impose my choices on them. Do you see what I mean?

I do, but you didn't see what I meant. Maybe I wasn't clear enough for
you.

Rui

--

Today is Pungenday, the 3rd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?