On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 10:22:35AM -0700, L wrote:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

>>> Just a few questions then:
>>>
>>>     - Why is it so easy to use gcc and emacs from Windows XP
>>>       without ever having to even know about gNewSense ? I'd
>>>       lie if I said I knew gNewSense before Stallman came to
>>>       troll here, and I've been working with people who make
>>>       a great use of gcc and emacs on Windows. Can't this be
>>>       seen as a severe drawback ?
>>>

>> No, they are using more Free Software than before. The opposit is a
>> drawback, IMHO, because more people is using proprietary software.
>
> No, people that have an OpenBSD CD to install the OS have the chance to use
> MORE free software than before.

That's got nothing to do with what was talked about. It's not about the
OpenBSD cd, but about having ...

        http://www.openbsd.org/4.2_packages/i386.html

... distributing proprietary software, which is tantamount to a
recommendation that is RMS's problem with OpenBSD. Nothing else... even
the extremely rude personalities of some of the people here wouldn't
stop him from recommending OpenBSD if it wasn't for that.

That small (it's only a few packages) problem could be easily fixed and
get OpenBSD listed at FSF's page.

Don't act like children in a tantrum, who seldom listen to reason.

> GCC for ms WIndows does not even REQUIRE thinking first. Everyone knows GCC
> is a great Windows Proprietary compiler to create proprietary software..
> it's just a cheaper compiler than MS VC. It is so easy to get or make GCC
> on windows,  because Stallman knows his figurehead will increase in size if
> he encourages everyone and anyone to use GCC for proprietary closed source
> use.

This list is actually the first place I read of widespread use of GCC
for making proprietary software. Since so many lies are said about what
RMS promotes or not, I don't feel confident in taking your word for it
(specially since you seem to resort easily into insults).

> No, you are a hypocrite to. Have you been brainwashed?
>
> I am going to add the 'cult strategies' and brainwashing warnings to the
> GNG website. You've all been fooled by the cute animals on the GNU site.
> SNAP OUT OF IT.
>
> IN fact, you are a troll.. why am I replying? This just goes ON, and ON,
> and ON, and ON.

/me smiles... such a troll I must be, who's replacing proprietary packet
filters with OpenBSD everywhere I can.

Rui

--
Or not.
Today is Pungenday, the 3rd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?