On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 12:05:37PM -0500, Stuart VanZee wrote:
> Wow... it is incredibly telling that you chose a game, a pretty
> obscure one at that as far as I can tell, to base your argument on.
>
> The world will fall because OpenBSD "recommends" that people
> install a game... a game that is free to copy and use for non-
> commercial use (I looked it up), and you had to go through almost
> the ENTIRE package collection all the way to the Zs before you
> could find such a pitiful example.

Because they are such pitiful cases, they could be easily removed and
remove Stallman's objections to list OpenBSD at the recommended Free
Software operating systems, right? More promotion of OpenBSD would be
good, right?

Stopping this childish-tantrum regarding the FSF would also be very much
more productive.

> This discussion all started because Mr. Stallman very publicly
> stated that OpenBSD was non-free and distributed non-free software
> in it's ports tree.

He didn't say OpenBSD was non-free, but that it distributed non-free
Software.

Looking at
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.2/packages/i386/zangband-2.6.2p1.tgz

... seems to me pretty a pretty clear case.

> I am pretty sure he had no knowledge of
> zangband and it's non-free license.  He was talking about non-free
> software in the ports tree.

BTW, I think he was (as I frequently happen to by "abuse of language")
referring to the packages site, e.g.:

http://www.openbsd.org/4.2_packages/i386.html

Best,
Rui

--
Grudnuk demand sustenance!
Today is Pungenday, the 3rd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?