On Jan 5, 2008 7:54 AM, Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     Apache httpd 2.0.54 ((Debian GNU/Linux) DAV/2 SVN/1.2.0 PHP/4.3.10-22
>     mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e)
>
> I have nothing against running a web site.

you have *nothing* against a distribution that makes it easier to install
"non-free" (by FSF meaning) software? then why separate to those who
you recommend and those you don't? so you do have something against?
then why do you use it and get benefit off it for free?

> I don't endorse Debian, but I don't object to getting free software
> from Debian (or from OpenBSD) and installing it.

there is a misconception, you need to think it through more
thoroughly. otherwise "if it sounds like shit and it looks like
shit then it must be shit" (boogie nights movie)

http://fitz.blogspot.com/2007/07/stallman-shoots-free-software-movement.html

> This continues the pattern of straw men.

yup, you make yourself look like the straw man which needs to go
to the wizard of oz to ask for a brain...

>  Over and over,
> people on this list criticize me for doing something which
> neither I nor anyone else here actually thinks is wrong.

you get criticized because you do criticize when you're not in
position to do it. your principles are so fuzzy and you spin
and stretch words to make them fit your agenda.