Work is in the process of upgrading a dual 45Mb line.  We stuck a
laptop on it, and was pulling 20 to 30 MB/s.  A knoppix cd came down
in less than 30 seconds.

A former work place put in a 1 Gb/s line for one segment of their
network.  Would have been sweet testing that line.

On 1/13/08, Dusty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jan 13, 2008 9:49 PM, Andre van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 21:22 +0200, Dusty wrote:
> > > Now you're just showing off...
> > > I have (in south africa) a "business" package from my ISP with
> > > not-guaranteed 1Mbps down and 128kbs up with a chunked down mtu and
> > really
> > > weird filtering and shaping things going on ...
> > > I really need to move to another country....
> >
> > Odd... I get 1Mb/256Kb on my business DSL lines in SA, and I don't see
> > much interference. Perhaps you should try moving to another ISP...
> >
> > -Andre
> >
> > Yeah, i kinda get that most of the time. But here are some UK/USA people
> getting 10MB/s down and goodness knows what up speed. *Much Jelousy*

http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk
"This officer's men seem to follow him merely out of idle curiosity."
-- Sandhurst officer cadet evaluation.
"Securing an environment of Windows platforms from abuse - external or
internal - is akin to trying to install sprinklers in a fireworks
factory where smoking on the job is permitted."  -- Gene Spafford
learn french:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1G-3laJJP0&feature=related