On January 24, 2008 04:58:57 pm Daniel Ouellet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some possible suggestions if I may asked to not setup, or have to
> setup WebDav on OpenBSD to allow users to do their web folder stuff. It
> can be setup with ftp for example to allow them to map a folder in their
> "network place" on XP for example, but then they can't do the stupid
> "save as" and just for that, they want to use the WebDav. However, then
> it need to allow write access via http and the full load of issues that
> could with that when combine with php, etc.

Hi Daniel,

I use Zope on OpenBSD and on the same server, I have Samba as well. The Zope
Server is set up for WebDav and some people use Windows to read and write
from the Zope store using WebDav, some just use Samba shares, and others use
https using OpenBSD httpd and mod_rewrite from port 443 to
localhost:zopeport. Since users look at the WebDav as a "network place" they
don't seem to mind having to move files from their Samba shares to the WebDav
location and vice-versa.

Not sure whether this is appropriate in your environment but it has worked
well for me.

HTH,

Vijay

--