> But of course you have "boot -a" at the boot prompt for selecting the root
> device. And I want to try the same the next days :-)
>
> Regards
>
> Stefan Kell

That brings up another question, hopefully there's an answer... rather than
having to do boot -a (even from boot.conf) and be present to hit <enter>
during root device selection, is there an easy way to tell it, yes, choose
the default it sees after this?

ie: if I do a full install on a USB flash, boot up normal, it panics into
ddb> mode because of root device as wd0 when it should be sd0. If I do boot
-a, it asks for default of sd0 rather than wd0 but expects manual
intervention, such as pressing <enter>. Is there a way to bypass this other
than recompile a new, custom kernel?

TIA.