Hello,

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, frantisek holop wrote:

hmm, on Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 02:26:17PM +0100, Raimo Niskanen said that
Since you probably will need the install sets as well, I have
posted a compressed filesystem image of size 199864838 bytes at
http://www.erlang.org/~raimo/OpenBSD/snapshots/i386/hd.fs.gz
It contains the same as install42.iso snapshot Jan 29.

will try asap, thanks a lot.

otherwise i'll ask the Andre chap with the usb install to
post an image :)))

i guess it wouldnt be really hard to provide these images
along with the cd/floppy boot images, what's the official
stance on this by the devs?

as the subnotebook business gona explode after the eee's
success this will be a really handy thing to do i think...

I made some experiments booting the eee with following results:

- installing OpenBSD to USB-stick on an other machine and then boot ist
  on the eee works. Release 4.2 has some problems with ethernet,
  -current might be better.

- Using flashboot and dding Generic-rd.image from http://tilde.se to an
  USB-stick works but init-script inside this kernel has some problem
  with fsck. But this is an easy method for you to get a bootable
  USB-stick with only Linux running on the eee.

- The eee CAN boot via PXE if you enable this option in the bios. This
  might be the most easy solution if you have the PXE-infrastructure.

I will try a current snapshot and see how well this works in the next
days. So in principle you don't need special images somewhere for
download, it is all there already.

Regards

Stefan Kell