On Feb 12, 2008 9:44 PM, Darren Spiteri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008 11:47 AM, NetOne - Doichin Dokov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Could we have a look at those numbers, in fact?
>

> From the parent:
>
> "In the next step I increased the value for net.inet.tcp.recvspace and
> net.inet.tcp.sendspace to 262144 and that had big impact on the network
> throughput.
> The network throughput increased from 550Mbit/s to 940Mbit/s."

Unless I'm massively wrong about what net.inet.tcp.* is used for, this
indicates that the parent was NOT testing throughput as one would
typically define it for a router/firewall.  He was testing his box's
ability to send and receive TCP packets.  I think these knobs are
COMPLETELY unused by the code that inspects packets and decides which
interface to send them out.

--david