On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:43:55 +0100, Kasper Revsbech wrote:

>Hi
>I have some problems with my dhcp server, and is trying to debug the setup.
>I would like to have a subnet on each interface and therefore dhcpd to
>span both interfaces.
>For that purpose I use /etc/dhcpd.interfaces where i have:
>vr0
>vr1
>But i can't find a man page on this file so I can't see if it make a
>difference whether I  write:
>vr0 vr1
>
>or
>
>vr0
>vr1
>

>So my question is:
>Is there a difference ?
NO

>Is it just me who can't find documentation on this ?

NO but the file is self documenting. The supplied file says:
#       $OpenBSD: dhcpd.interfaces,v 1.1 1998/08/19 04:25:45 form Exp $
#
# List of network interfaces served by dhcpd(8).
#
# ep0
# ed0 le0
# de1

That should tell you something. It is effectively a combination of your
alternatives except that it deals with four interfaces.

When I discovered that file I started using it and, because there was
no man page I started writing one. The reason I stopped was because,
whilst that file is itself very simple, the process by which it is used
is complicated and unable to be used in a restart of dhcpd.

For me dhcpd.interfaces is deprecated. It is simpler to use
dhcpd_flags="if0 if1" which does not require the parsing that
dhcpd.interfaces requires to allow its free format.

Restarting still means entering the command and the list of interfaces
e.g.
#dhcpd if1 if2
but I don't know of many cases where more than a few ifs are used.
Those users could script their command if it's too hard to do from
memory.

OK?

>BTW:
>I use openbsd 4.2 ;)
>

>Kind regards:
>Kasper Revsbech

Replies to the list (if any) are sufficient, thanks.

Rod/
/earth: write failed, file system is full
cp: /earth/creatures: No space left on device