On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 13:29 +0100, Joerg Zinke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for hardware to install an openbsd based dsl-router.
> I already searched the list archives and looked at WRAP and Soekris,
> but it seems that they do not match my requirements:
>
> - fanless
> - as small as possible

- Soekris
- Routerboard
- Axiomtek
- ARInfotek
- Nexcom
- Advantech
- Acrosser
- Win Enterprises

I think that we can agree that you really want to avoid VIA-anything.
You really get what you pay for.  Some set top models I've looked at:

http://www.axiomtek.com/products/ViewProduct.asp?view=470

http://www.nexcom.com/product/productshow.jsp?iid=11&pid=919

http://www.advantech.com/products/Tabletop-Intel-Pentium-MProcessor-based-Platformwith-4-PCIe-LAN-Ports-MINIPCI-Expansion-Onboard/mod_1-2JKJKY.aspx

http://www.acrosser.com/Product/Networking%
20applicance/VPN-V-Series/Firewall_eden_m9923.html

http://www.arinfotek.com/product/product.asp?idx=2002&pid=11

~BAS

> - at least 2, better 3 ethernet ports
> - a wlan-card (as access point in hostap mode)
> - mainboard and other hardware should work with openbsd of course,
>   would be nice to see output from hw.sensors*
> - storage should have at least 10GB, I think this leads to a real
>   ide/sata-disk (maybe 2.5")
> - vga-output (because I have no other machine with a serial port to do
>   the installation)
> - lcd-display (something that is supported by lcdproc, which seems to
>   work fine on openbsd)
>
> Not a requirement, but nice-to-have: usb-2.0 port(s).
>
> Does anyone know a company or vendor which builds such an
> (openbsd-)ready system fulfilling the above requirements?
>
> Or did I need to start buying all pieces (maybe mini-itx based?) and
> assembly them on my own?
>
> Any hints?
>
> Regards,
>
> Joerg

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an intended
recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an
intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please notify the sender
this e-mail from your system.