On Mar 1, 2008, at 5:32 PM, Brian A. Seklecki (Mobile) wrote:

On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 13:29 +0100, Joerg Zinke wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for hardware to install an openbsd based dsl-router.
I already searched the list archives and looked at WRAP and Soekris,
but it seems that they do not match my requirements:

- fanless
- as small as possible

- Soekris
- Routerboard
- Axiomtek
- ARInfotek
- Nexcom
- Advantech
- Acrosser
- Win Enterprises

I think that we can agree that you really want to avoid VIA-anything.
You really get what you pay for.  Some set top models I've looked at:

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? VIA works great.

I have read nothing but good things about VIA cpu's from the developers on this list.

Perhaps you got a bad board in your past?