In the next couple sentences I will try to answer some of the questions you guys asked me about powerdot
class of latex presentations.

1. Yes it is easier to learn than the Beamer but if know Beamer and it works for you maybe you should
stick to your guns.

This is the link to documentation and the source file for powerdot

http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/powerdot.html

I want to reiterate that is very easy to customize slides unlike Beamer although you can see in the documentation that the package comes with about 20 different layouts and many more different color patterns.

Trying to install manually on the top of teTeX will probably fail due to the fact that teTeX uses some outdated fonts. I tired in the past. It is not worthy as TeXLive in current ports three is rock solid.

2. There were many questions about Movies. Yes, It is possible to embed movies into the slides.
Please follow the link

http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/movie15/

The following link contains also extensive discussion of movie15 package and some examples
http://www.uoregon.edu/~noeckel/PDFmovie.html

Cheers,
Predrag