Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 07:29:03AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:

last I tried/heard, Creative wants an NDA to give out hardware specs.

I've looked at adding multi-channel support to emu(4).  I'm guessing
that's what you mean by "sound on both outputs".  it's not likely
to happen.  emu(4) is ugly wrt channel handling :(

And it was not possible to find the needed information in ALSA sources?

You lost me here. Do you think that ALSA driver will help you any how to produce oss driver? You are aware of the fact that ALSA is 100% incompatible with oss and that even 4Front Technologies have no intension in incorporating ALSA emulator into their OSS. Their package have however very, very limited ALSA compatibility.
Audigy and Audigy2 support was back-ported from the Haiku driver
for emu10k1, which is based on the emuxki driver we have.  if you
really want to extend emu(4), your best bet is to do more
back-porting from there.

Perhaps the only option for today, as I see...