On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 08:52:33PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:17:13AM -0700, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
>
> > You lost me here. Do you think that ALSA driver will help you any how to
> > produce oss driver?
> > You are aware of the fact that ALSA is 100% incompatible with oss and
> > that even 4Front Technologies
>
> Yes, you're right; but I didn't mean "porting ALSA to OpenBSD". I was
> hoping, that one could find there some additional information f.e. about
> register setting, and so on. But no - didn't try it personally (yet).

as I said, look at the Haiku driver.  it's based on our driver (and is
BSD licensed).  that's what I did for the Audgiy support we have now.

trying to read a driver to get register information kind of works,
it's certainly not a substitute for real documentation.  the problem
with emu(4) in particular, is that the way it handles channels is
very complex.  it's not really a simple, "oh, I need to write 0x0030
to 0x72."  been there, done that.  I _thought_ I had made the correct
changes to enable 4 channel output on emu(4) with stac9701 codecs, but
it was totally busted.  feel free to poke around in it though ;)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]