* Unix Fan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [080407 08:57]:
> I back ported Firefox 2.0.0.12 to OpenBSD 4.2+patches, I can't believe the
> OpenBSD team is letting people use the insecure 2.0.0.6 version, "We believe
> in security" my ass.
>
> OpenBSD 4.3 will have 2.0.0.12, unfortunately 2.0.0.13 is out, and that fixes
> yet another security problem... so, manual back porting is the only option, I
> don't know why they give the people using -CURRENT the secured ports, more
> people use -RELEASE or -STABLE, so they should be providing resources for
> "OUR" security, not the extremists living on -CURRENT.. compiling their
> entire system from scratch every other hour/day/week.
>
> (Who the hell could live like that? f**king insanity!).
>
> Anyway, if you want the 2.0.0.12 package, I'll send it either via email or
> some file sharing site, along with the nspr update.
>

> -Nix Fan.

ahem, snaphots...  It's not that hard.  You don't have to roll your own
release to stay very close to -current.  That gets you the base system.
Then just use your ports tree to build and update your add on software.
Security is a team effort here and the end user is part of that team.

Jim