Bringing up an old-topic here, but just letting everyone know I have the exact same problem. It occurs quite often.

One of my links goes down, the routes change, but when the link comes back up the routes don't go back to the default lower-cost one and I have to restart ospfd in order to force it.

It seems like a simple issue but wondered why it happens. I'm glad its not just me!

Paul Civati wrote:
I have a fairly simple set-up, where I have ospfd announcing
a few routes to a Juniper router.

Twice now, when the Juniper has been unreachable and has then
come back on-line, the ospf routes have not reconverged on
the Juniper end.

It has taken a restart of the OSPF on the Juniper to resync
the routes..  I've not tried restarting the ospfd's on the
OpenBSD end but I presume that would also solve the issue.

I suppose it's plausible this is a JunOS bug, and I'll look into that, but wondered if this is a known issue?

OpenBSD/ospfd 4.2 RELEASE.

-Paul-