Hi!

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 04:44:38AM -0700, Unix Fan wrote:
>[...]

>That was not what I was talking about, I "know" how to burn CD/DVD's,
>obviously, I was asking of DVD-RAM drives/disks can be used just as if
>they're "sd(4)" devices, read/write calls, i.e: UFS on a disk, mounted
>read/write.

(Please wrap your lines)

IIRC not, I have a DVD-RAM drive and it probes as cd(4), not as sd(4).

And btw, IIRC our UFS/FFS implementation does still not cope well with
sector sizes != 512 (which makes MO drive usage difficult too, as they
*are* sd(4), but with 2048 byte sectors). Or has that, at least, been
fixed in-between? IIRC, DVD-RAM has larger sectors, too, and *usually*
one uses UDF2 there (our UDF support is 1.1, read-only, only).

Kind regards,

Hannah.