I don't think that is it, but I will try, thank you.
I'm pretty sure the label that OpenBSD and/or Ubuntu left me with
is a Solaris type.
And dumb me, I didn't consider OBP as helping the install too.
So the questions remain if I can install OBP without Solaris, and if I'll have
to crack open the case.
I'll see...

The error from setup is like "newfs failed".
If I run newfs manually, ALMOST no matter I try, it always seems to tell me my
numbers are wrong.
I've tried various -f and -i values. But I did find some that worked, but then
I guess setup
still wants to re-newfs it and gets it wrong. Setup doesn't show the whole
message but
I assume it is using the wrong numbers or something.

Thanks,
 - Jay

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; misc@openbsd.org>
Subject: RE: geom network driver times out on sparc 4.2?> Date: Thu, 15 May
2008 01:40:00 +0100> > > > > apt-get upgrade left Linux failing to boot.> >
Solaris 9 install fails very early, something about newfs failing.> > I really
tried a bunch of manual parameters, besides that it> > is run automatically.I
think 10 is in the mail. (I have 10 on> > DVD but so far only a CD drive on
the machine).> > if you mean the installer complains about disk failure then
try this:> http://www.geeklan.co.uk/?p=61> > otherwise I'd highly recommend
you upgrade the OBP!> > > Sevan / Venture37>
on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay today!>
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/