 - Jay

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: RE: geom network driver times out on sparc 4.2?Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 20:17:26 +0000

Awesome, thanks!Normally I would have said "I have never netbooted; it seems
too hard to setup" but those look like great instructions.And I was almost
right in my paranoia about needing Solaris.I still wonder though -- if
OpenBSD's UFS is the same format as Solaris's, or if OpenBSD can create a
Solaris format of file system, then I think OpenBoot can read the files. And
if not, not. I think.Mitigating factors:  I got 4.3 in the mail that
supposedly fixes this.  The wireless networking is working fine.  The OPB
isn't even known to fix this, but hopefully. But yeah, running old OBP/BIOS
not great.  - Jay

> Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 21:21:46 +0200> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; misc@openbsd.org> Subject: Re:
geom network driver times out on sparc 4.2?> > So, just as I say this, the
page is at:> > http://www.SMTPS.net/netboot_flash_obp.html> > I did an Ultra
10 this way with no problems. I may have done> an Ultra2 as well.> > cheers> >
bruce> > On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 07:59:48AM +0100, Sevan / > Venture37 >
wrote:> > > And dumb me, I didn't consider OBP as helping the install too.> >
> So the questions remain if I can install OBP without Solaris, and if I'll> >
have to crack open the case.> > > I'll see...> > > > From the OBP update
page:> > "Note 1: This utility is *not* OS-dependent. The list of releases
shown under> > the> > "Solaris Release" and "SunOS Release" sections may not
be complete:> > The> > absence of a valid Solaris Release or SunOS Release
from the lists> > above> > does not preclude the installation of this patch
against the> > hardware."> > > > > > > >
and Win with Iron Man> >
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000009ukm/direct/01/> >