Dear Mr Banana,

banana split wrote:
I'm not sure that building the system from source is the primary target
sorry, why? what is the primary way? I've learnt many many things

I was talking in general terms, which may or may not apply to you. However many people coming from other os'es (in particular linux-based ones) do not understand that using openbsd seldom _need_ to include tweaking, optimizing and compiling.

(Hint; use snapshots)
man pages & faqs are amazing so it is quite impossible that things go wrong.
however there are no snapshots since 6 may and because many interesting things
were added to the tree building from the source was the only way to get in
touch with new stuff.

Now that's a good reason for compiling from source, assuming you can handle it (and you obviously did)!

Search the fine archives, as mentioned in the fine FAQ (if you have not
already done so).

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&s=error+code+ignored
my bad! my apologies! it will never happen!

I actually cannot tell whether you are being sarcastic or honest, but anyway don't worry. Keep on exploring this new OS, and you'll probably in time be as addicted to it as many of us.

/Alexander