On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:32:04PM +0200, Mic J wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Christer Solskogen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > hyjial wrote:
> >>

> Her is an interview with Espie
> It contains many hints to research from
> I also thought Espie said that perl enabled them to do some stuff that
> other tools wouldnt
> and accompplish it faster, i actually thought it was this interview
> but couldnt find it with a quick glance.
>
> http://mongers.org/openbsd/interview-espie-ports

perl offers faster software development. perl is not fast. Just
saying. Althought, I think that's what you meant too.

# sysctl  hw.model hw.physmem
hw.model=SUNW,SPARCclassic, TMS390S10 @ 50 MHz, on-chip FPU
hw.physmem=24801280

# time pkg_info
gettext-0.16.1      GNU gettext
libiconv-1.9.2p5    character set conversion library
lrzsz-0.12.20p0     receive/send files via X/Y/ZMODEM protocol
mutt-1.4.2.3        tty-based e-mail client
stunnel-4.20        SSL encryption wrapper for standard network daemons
uucp-1.07p2         UUCP suite
    0m22.57s real     0m13.05s user     0m6.44s system

22 seconds to list one folder and open 6 files :)

I doubt it took 1 seconds before the move to perl on that computer.

--
Hugo Villeneuve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://EINTR.net/