I get the following when I (as root and standard user)
execute pkg_info, pkg_add or pkg_delete with Xorg on:

# pkg_info
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
               LC_ALL = (unset)
               LC_CTYPE = "en_US.UTF-8",
               LANG =  (unset)
 perl: warning: Falling back to standard locale ("C").

<USUAL/NORMAL OUTPUT FOLLOWS>

If I do this directly in a ttyCx when Xorg is off, I
don't get any error messages.

The point is that, I didn't changed anything related
locales and I couldn't find any config files where
these locales are specified. So I'm wondering why this
problem appears if I didn't change anything.
(Obviously I must've changend something without seeing
it, but what and where?)

If I manually set/export LC_ALL and LANG as C, Perl
stops complaining.

How can I fix this problem?

I'm using OpenBSD-4.3, GENERIC Kernel and pdksh.