I'm trying to install 4.3 on a Dell Core2Duo desktop.

I tried both i386 and amd64 release disks. Both hang during install (see part of dmesg below).

I was going to try serial console for a full dmesg up to point of failure; but there is no com port.

I manually typed dmesg from after the usb stuff.

4.3 i386 release:

isa0 at ichpcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckkbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbcd0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
nxpx0 at isa0 port 0xf/16: reported by CPUID; using exception 16
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0/6 irq 6 drq 2
biomask fbfd netmask fffd ttymask ffff
rd0: fixed, 3800 blocks

4.3 amd64 release:

isa0 at mainbus0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0

I happen to have a i386 snapshot from Jun.27; but that stalls at same point as i386 release.

What should I try next?