I have a development web server set up for httpd, mysql5 and php5 that
has all of a sudden started randomly pausing. After some testing
(removing PHP modules, httpd conf settings, etc) it seems that simply
then serving static HTML is fine. With PHP enabled I get issues with
slow rendering of PHP content, slow CLI scripts (another sign it is
just PHP itself), and when I do a 'apachectl stop' the box will hang
for up to 60 seconds before responding again. I updated to the newest
4.3-stable last week to see if that would help but to no avail.

I have loaded everything from Packages and there is nothing from Ports
or hand compiled on the box. My 4.1-stable box has not encountered any
issues such as this though it is slated to be updated to 4.3 as soon
as some new hardware comes in.

Any other info that is needed, just let me know.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] pkg_info
apr-1.2.11p1        Apache Portable Runtime
apr-util-1.2.10p0   companion library to APR
autoconf-2.61p1     automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms
curl-7.17.1         get files from FTP, Gopher, HTTP or HTTPS servers
db-4.6.21           Berkeley DB package, revision 4
femail-0.97p0       simple SMTP client
gettext-0.16.1      GNU gettext
jpeg-6bp3           IJG's JPEG compression utilities
libiconv-1.9.2p5    character set conversion library
libidn-1.1          internationalized string handling
libltdl-1.5.22p3    GNU libtool system independent dlopen wrapper
libmcrypt-2.5.7p1   interface to access block/stream encryption algorithms
libxml-2.6.30       XML parsing library
mhash-0.9.1p1       strong hash library
mod_dav-1.0.3p5     class 1 and 2 DAV server for the Apache webserver
monit-4.10.1p0      monitoring and managing daemons utility
mysql-client-5.0.51a multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-5.0.51a multithreaded SQL database (server)
nano-2.0.7          Pico editor clone with enhancements
neon-0.26.2         HTTP and WebDAV client library, with C interface
p5-DBD-mysql-4.005  MySQL drivers for the Perl DBI
p5-DBI-1.59         unified perl interface for database access
p5-Net-Daemon-0.43  extension for portable daemons
p5-PlRPC-0.2018p0   module for writing rpc servers and clients
pear-1.5.0p1        base classes for common PHP tasks
pear-utils-1.5.0p0  utilities for managing pear extensions
pecl-APC-3.0.15     Alternative PHP Cache
php5-core-5.2.5p2   server-side HTML-embedded scripting language
php5-curl-5.2.5     curl URL library extensions for php5
php5-extensions-5.2.5 informational package about PHP5 extensions
php5-gd-5.2.5-no_x11 image manipulation extensions for php5
php5-mbstring-5.2.5 multibyte characters extensions for php5
php5-mcrypt-5.2.5   mcrypt encryption/decryption extensions for php5
php5-mysql-5.2.5    mysql database access extensions for php5
php5-mysqli-5.2.5   mysql database access extensions for php5
png-1.2.22          library for manipulating PNG images
python-2.5.2        interpreted object-oriented programming language
rsync-2.6.9         mirroring/synchronization over low bandwidth links
screen-4.0.3p1      multi-screen window manager
subversion-1.4.4    subversion revision control system
t1lib-5.1.0p1       Type 1 rasterizer library for UNIX/X11
vim-7.1.244p0-no_x11 vi clone, many additional features
wget-1.10.2p1       retrieve files from the web via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP

Chris