On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:44:21AM +0200, Jesus Sanchez wrote:
> Hi, using a clean install of OpenBSD 4.3, after doing some changes, the
> /etc/rc.conf sendmail_flags uses /etc/mail/sendmail.cf as config file.
> popa3d runs OK and network also, but I have a problem. When I send mail
> as a regular user, mail goes to the account but if I login as root and
> then send a mail to a wellknown gmail.com account (this acount,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], for example) mail never comes. This is a gmail.com
> problem?
>
> didn't found anything about restrictions on root acount and sendmail.

I had trouble sending mails to big mail providers (gmail included). But this was
a few years ago and it was due to the fact that my ISP didn't offer reverse DNS.
You could test sending to a less popular mail provider (i.e. not so strict and
spam infected), it worked for me at that time.

--
Everything is simple, we're stupid.
gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/bulibuta