On Tuesday 28 October 2008, new_guy wrote:
> I know. Longest uptime is silly, macho, pointless stuff... but I ran
> across an old SunOS 2.6 box that had been up for 387 days. It had
> been hacked. The only reason it was not an open mail relay is that
> /var was full. So, I thought to myself, "I bet I could run an OpenBSD
> box for that amount of time or longer without getting hacked and
> without doing much to it." Just wondering what's the longest OpenBSD
> uptime some folks on misc have seen?
>
> Thanks

We all have embarrassing secrets regarding systems we've failed to
properly maintain, but bragging about uptime is just like bragging
about the ugliest people you've slept with.

Sure, you did it, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

(Jon glances lustfully at his ancient but seldom used laptop)

--
Jon