> On 09:41, Sat 03 Jan 09, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>
> Running OpenBSD under VirtualBox is not stable at all.
> I have good experience running OpenBSD under xen, kvm and vmware-server.

FWIW, my experience with OpenBSD and VirtualBox has so far been more than
I could hope for. I had to migrate to virtual hardware for some of my systems
and vmware-server was my first choice. The host's performance was dire, and
I'm not even going to dignify to comment on vmware's user interface.

In my experience (emphasis!), the host hardly notices when the guests are
loaded (e.g. make build), and the lightweight (in comparison) access to
the guest has been remarkably user friendly (especially when sitting on the
other end of a piece of string rather than a fast network).

Host downtime due to system updates bring the guests down, not because of
any instabilities in VBox (again, in my experience -- and as this experience
with virtualisation is roughly a year long, one can possibly argue the value
of it, but I though I'd pipe up nevertheless).

Tor