On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 03:56:03PM -0600, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> > this was deep into another thread, so I'm reposting so it will be seen
> > by more people (hopefully).
> >
> > so azalia users please let your voice be heard.  would you find it annoying
> > when playing *only* mono or stereo to have all outputs play the audio,
> > or would you like that?
> >
> idk if this is along the same topic, but what I have wanted to do for
> a long time
> is setup a milti room mp3 player in my house, I have 9 rooms all with
> in wall speakers
>
> could I put 3 azailla sound cards (maybe I could do it with less) in a
> OpenBSD computer, and plug 3 rooms into each sound card
> and somehow be able to play 9 different MP3's
>
> maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here.

aucat can do multi-streaming.  that is what you want.  and this would
explicitely not conflict with multi-streaming because you would need
more than one dac for that.

I'm not aware of azalia in audio "cards", or even two controllers in
one mother board, so there is a limit of 5 channels from azalia.

the only multi-channel "cards" supported by OpenBSD that I know of,
besides envy(4), are cmpci(4).

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org