Ted Unangst wrote:

Take a dozen posters to hackaton ($10/each)
Take 10 minutes off to have devs sign them (= fun morale booster)
Sell each poster for $500/each: Profit!

you can do this yourself, and yet at the many bsd events I've
attended, I've never once seen anyone ask a developer to sign a
poster, even though the posters are ofter given away for free at such
events.  (I think I did sign a PF book once.)  I'd sign damn near
anything if somebody offered to pay me $10 a shot.  I'll be at
eurobsdcon in september, we'll see just how little changes....

Actually we auctioned off a signed-by-some-10-devs Slackathon t-shirt in 2008 for something like $80 or so (by todays currency), but the buyer was a frequent slackathon visitor so he might have donated the same amount anyhow, just that he got a signed T-shirt for his troubles this time.

(Thanks to all three of you who bought t-shirts at the auctions, those donations count as much as all the others)