Hi Ropers,

Le Sun, 5 Apr 2009 19:44:27 +0200,
ropers <rop...@gmail.com> a icrit :

> I'm looking for a colour laser printer that's so cheap that I can put
> it on my birthday wish list and stand a chance of getting it (too
> broke to buy one myself).
>
> - The printer should work with OpenBSD without a hitch, and by that I
> don't mean "can sometimes be gotten to work by endlessly tweaking
> CUPS", and I also don't mean "can be gotten to work with compat_linux
> and a binary blob",
> - the printer should also be Linux-compatible (Windows-compatibility
> not required),
> - it should be a colour laser printer,
> - replacement cartridges shouldn't be prohibitively expensive,
> - and it should be as cheap as possible without totally sucking
> monkey balls.**
>
> Oh, and I have an aversion to HP, so it would be better if it wasn't
> from them.

So am I ;)

I use personnaly a Xerox Phaser 6130N (tested and work very good since
I bought it with openbsd 4.2, and working as a usb local printer like
as a network printers with its embbedded network interface). No blob,
just a ppd file provided on Xerox Site (like all others models) and It
just works good with a great quality printing. Everything but the good
model depends of your monthly printing.

But it'd been just my humble opinion, I just love Xerox ;) because i
can't find at this time a printer from them without a ppd file provided
on their site.

My goal has been just printing... Not fax nor scan... I don't like
all-in-one...

Kind regards,

--
Eric

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]