On Sunday 05 April 2009 14:11:24 STeve Andre' wrote:
> On Sunday 05 April 2009 14:02:39 Marc Balmer wrote:
> > Am 05.04.2009 um 19:44 schrieb ropers:

> > we use some quite cheap HP printers with OpenBSD.  Since you have an
> > aversion
> > to HP, I did not look up the number.
> >
> > They work nicely with LaTeX and cost in the $300-400 range I've been
> > told.
>
> Marc, I'd appreciate the model number(s) of the HP printers.  I'm getting
> ready to make some dual-boot systems, and these folks all want printers.
>
> Seems that this might make a good faq entry, if it isn't already there(?).
>
> Thanks,
>
> --STeve Andre'

HP have been actively working on drivers for a decade.

All the one's I have ever tried on Linux have worked fine.

I had a HP-Office Jet Rx40i and now a HP color laserjet 2840.

I use/d them for printing, scanning and now faxing.

They work great.

Install the HPLIP Device Manager.

You can find printer support info on HP's here.

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html