Vadim Zhukov wrote:
On Sunday 10 May 2009 22:40:18 Kaltashkin Eugene wrote:
Hi ppls.

On my EEEPC 1000H i cannot use any program which use direct access to
my Ralink 2860 :(
i'm not see any devices in /dev named ral0, but many programs, for
example: wmwlmon, wmnetload see my card correctly.
How i can resolve this problem ?
Maybe who know some params for mknod or another way ?

Well, you should start from reading some Unix literature first...

Network devices are not presented in filesystem because it creates too much overhead. If you want to do that you should definitely go to Hurd... What programs do you run that require such access? What do you want to do this way?
for example dstumbler
zhecka:/home/zhecka# /usr/local/sbin/dstumbler
zhecka:/home/zhecka# /usr/local/sbin/dstumbler /dev/ral0
error: unable to ioctl device socket: Device not configured

zhecka:/home/zhecka# /usr/local/sbin/dwepdump -w -s /dev/ral0 123

* dwepdump v0.2 by h1kari <h1k...@dachb0den.com> *
* Copyright (c) Dachb0den Labs 2002 [http://dachb0den.com] *

starting pcap capture loop...
device: /dev/ral0
error: unable to open device for packet capture: /dev/ral0: Device not configured

somebody generate wrong packets on my wifi channel and block access to my ap. i need dump some info from air packets for detect this intruder and block it by mac.