A friend of mine who is an avid NetBSD user kept complaining about how
bad is audio on NetBSD. After getting sick of hearing complains,
I asked on OSS mailing lists about OSSv4 support for NetBSD and OpenBSD.
I actually got a very interesting answer

http://www.4front-tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3133

I recall OSS being discussed on this mailing list after OSS went
open source and changed the license. Can Jake or any other developers
in charge of audio on OpenBSD explain the issues involved in porting
OSSv4 to OpenBSD?

I personally have fantastic experience with our audio but I would
think that OpenBSD could benefit at least from extra audio drivers.
Am I very wrong? Sorry for the noise.

Predrag