On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Daniel Bolgheroni
<m...@dbolgheroni.eng.br> wrote:
>> Thanks to those that contribute money and buy CDs.
>
> I would like to buy CDs, but in Brazil these kind of products have a
> high tax fee applied when they hit the harbour. For a $50 CD, I'll
> probably pay almost $almost $70 to someone I don't want to "contribute".
> This doesn't include the shipment cost (~$30 I suspect).

Far be it from me to tell other people how to spend their money (usually), but
someone who wanted the giving effectiveness of a CD purchase without paying
hideous taxes or shipping could locate a non-profit where low taxes and
shipping would apply, and buy it for them.

This assumes that the purchaser could spare the actual physical product.
--
Ed Ahlsen-Girard
Ft. Walton Beach FL