On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Daniel Bolgheroni
<m...@dbolgheroni.eng.br> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Nick Holland wrote:
>
>> Thanks to those that contribute money and buy CDs.
>
> I would like to buy CDs, but in Brazil these kind of products have a
> high tax fee applied when they hit the harbour. For a $50 CD, I'll
> probably pay almost $almost $70 to someone I don't want to "contribute".
> This doesn't include the shipment cost (~$30 I suspect).
>
> I don't have a Paypal account (yet). If it's worth to trust him, I don't
> know, but I much prefer to donate $50 (although they will deduct 3.9% in
> my case, but at least OpenBSD doesn't have the CD cost) than to pay
> almost the triple to government, shipment, etc. Don't care if I don't
> get the CDs.
>
> Is it possible to OpenBSD to make profit for the project selling books
> or manuals? I don't know the costs or if it's worth (like CDs are better
> for the project than T-shirts, mugs, etc.). It's tax free here, and I
> think: if it's free here, maybe it's somewhere else.
>
> Teers,
>
> --
> Daniel Bolgheroni
> FEI - Faculdade de Engenharia Industrial
> http://www.dbolgheroni.eng.br/mykey
>
> ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
>  against HTML e-mail   X
>                      / \

Perhaps you could make a donation and download the files?  You get
what you desire and you support the project.  It wouldn't be as
complete as the CDs, but you still get to contribute without paying
huge taxes.

I'm assuming your download rates/limits are reasonable, of course.

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
- Oh, why does everything I whip leave me?