On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Daniel Bolgheroni
<m...@dbolgheroni.eng.br>wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Nick Holland wrote:
>
> > Thanks to those that contribute money and buy CDs.
>
> I would like to buy CDs, but in Brazil these kind of products have a
> high tax fee applied when they hit the harbour. For a $50 CD, I'll
> probably pay almost $almost $70 to someone I don't want to "contribute".
> This doesn't include the shipment cost (~$30 I suspect).
>
> I don't have a Paypal account (yet). If it's worth to trust him, I don't
> know, but I much prefer to donate $50 (although they will deduct 3.9% in
> my case, but at least OpenBSD doesn't have the CD cost) than to pay
> almost the triple to government, shipment, etc. Don't care if I don't
> get the CDs.
>
> Is it possible to OpenBSD to make profit for the project selling books
> or manuals? I don't know the costs or if it's worth (like CDs are better
> for the project than T-shirts, mugs, etc.). It's tax free here, and I
> think: if it's free here, maybe it's somewhere else.

I have the same concerns as well (i mean the shipping. F, i'll support the
project - but not the shipping?). I did get the disc set, though, but.. it
would be nice to be able to "check out" knowing how much i'm supposed to be
paying for shipping.

-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not