On Oct 27 16:12:54, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> $ dd if=/dev/urandom of=<disk_to_delete>
> $ dd if=/deb/zero of=<disk_to_delete>
> ?Do you think is it safe enough? I mean ?is it enough against the common
> recovery low-level data tools?

Could we please stop this thread now and never bring it back?  Thank you.

(1) Your data is not that interesteing to anyone. Nobody cares about
    the data on your wiped disks and nobody will ever spend any
    resources trying to read it.

(2) If you think you work with data that is so sensitive (which it isn't),
    then you surely have the money needed to buy a new disk. Just
    destroy the old disk and be done with it. (You can even have fun
    doing it.)

(3) If you simultaneously
    (a) work with sensitive data that cryptoaliens might be interested in
    (b) don't have the money to buy a new disk
    then just dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd0c
    which _is_ enough; nobody ever recovered jack shit from this,
    and never will, period.

(4) If you come accross a slashdot article that says that with a million
    dollars and loads of time to spend you _can_ recover a byte here and
    there, don't mail it to nobody.