On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 02:57:14PM -0500, Matthew Young wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I use a reverse proxy I would have to know the SSL key of the
> remote SSL site. (gmail.com) so that the reverse proxy server would
> decrypt and encrypt. Iam not mistaken.

Any decent proxy server accepts the CONNECT method, which means that it
basically passes the data through after validating the hostname - i.e.
GMail handles its own SSL.

I believe that work is currently underway to make it possible for
multiple SSL-enabled hostnames to share a single IP address, but it will
probably be quite a few years before this is remotely common.

                Joachim