> You apparently have a system with multiple names and a single IP
> address.  Both cvsup.mch.chs and cvsup.meadwestvaco.com are assigned
> address 10.209.142.151, but the reverse-lookup entry can't return both
> names.
<snip>

You made that up. Yes it can.  If it's configured to do so.

I'm guessing that the confusion is based on the assumption that
forward and reverse zones are linked -- they aren't.

You can edit A records all ay long and it won't change the ptr records
in the reverse zone.

Figure out where the reverse zone is being served from (possibly with
dig +trace -x 10.209.142.151) and edit that.