On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:30:13AM -0600, Chris Bennett wrote:
> I would like to learn to use sed, however, I did not find that the
> man page was sufficient as a tutorial. I was not able to find any

I learned sed from the book Sed & Awk by Dougherty and Robbins.

 http://amazon.com/dp/1565922255

I highly recommend it.  Of the three utilities ed, sed, and vi, sed is
probably the most challenging because it doesn't have an interactive
mode.  With ed or vi you can always do something interactively if you
don't know the relevant command, but sed forces you to understand the
commands if you want to get anything done.

Learning sed will make you a better user of ed and vi.