Hi,

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM, Ingo Schwarze <schwa...@usta.de> wrote:
[...]
> Some time ago, we discussed a potential maintenance(8) utility
> and decided to postpone the idea until we find more uses.
> Right here, maintenance(8) might help:
>
>  1. At 1:30 AM daily,
>    run "maintenance" without any arguments, which will
>     - run daily(8)     unless it ran today
>     - run security(8)  in any case
>     - run weekly(8)    unless it ran this week
>     - run monthly(8)   unless it ran this month

I very like the idea of your "maintenance", just wanted to add a
thought: for all the people that don't use their pcs so many hours
every day, how about counting the uptime (and saving its value at
shutdown) so that "daily" is run every 24 hours _of_use_, and so on
for the others?

One doesn't need a locate rebuild every week if he didn't use the system,
right?

My 2 eurocents. :-)

Ciao,
D.