On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Otto Moerbeek <o...@drijf.net> wrote:

> There are two models. I have the 10" model. It really has a 10"
> screen, but indeed it runs at 800MHz. Also, while a little video hole
> is there, the camera hardware seems to be absent or not connected. The
> 8.9" version does have a working camera. Dmesg of my machine below.

I had been considering buying one of these laptops in the last months.
 These machines are interesting, and I had been looking at them since
they were available a year ago.  However, these machines are expensive
so I would prefer not making a mistake here, as buying one will be
challenging to me.  It is nice to know what problems they have before
making a decision.  The information you are providing about
real/recommended price and hardware weaknesses is very useful.

However, I would like to ask a question about its firmware.  May these
laptops run a generic PMON2000 firmware or do they need a customized
one?  It would be nice being able to track the latest releases of the
firmware developed by Opsycon instead of trusting the one provided by
Lemote will be maintained for years on this laptop model (i.e., it
would be nice being able to run the 3.x releases).