* bofh <goodb...@gmail.com> [2010-04-14 01:35]:
> I've always thought cisco/juniper existed to sell overpriced hardware,
> so have issues reconciling that with this...

they do.

but to be fair - their high end stuff with seperate data and control
panes and, admittedly, line cards that do _way_ more than your network
interface on a PC, can handle amounts of traffic we can't with the
hardware we run on. That stuff, the real high end stuff that is not
just built like a PeeCee, is of course not sold all that often, and it
is not off-the-shelf hardware. that makes it, yes, expensive. and
since it is all custome and closed yadda yadda there is close to zero
chance we ever run on that gear.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de