On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 01:10:47PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> > > Around 3 months after starting it, the author deleted all the records
> > > except the FreeBSD ones.
> >
> > That's really bizarre behavior.  I was not aware of that part.  If the
> > data isn't actually collected or used sensibly, then there is of
> > course no reason to try submitting data.
>
> No, keep submitting data, just be sure to set your Country as Panama.
>
> In summary -- the entire effort is a complete load of crap.  The author
> does it only to serve his own interests; ie. to back the lies he spreads.
>
> Otherwise, why would anyone else go through that effort?

I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly, but I recall the person behind
that being motivated to show adaptec how many awesome freebsd users
there were so they'd continue providing a blob, which adaptec had
dropped as not worth their time. If I do have it right, it was lame from
the very start.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchand...@stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/