Henning Brauer wrote:
* Peter Miller<feu...@gmail.com>  [2010-08-13 10:46]:
I only want to know what is better (easiest way, most secure) to use.
And have your advice.
He just gave it to you. sendmail.
I would never use sendmail for anything halfway serious.

++

sendmail is fine if you have a few users at a relatively quiet domain, all of whom you want to have system accounts on the mailserver. smtpd does similarly but has unpredictable behavior at best. i spent many hours fiddling with smtpd until i gave up on it.

postfix is great because of the virtual user support, meaning that your mail users do not require system accounts, and configurability. hosting several domains, all with separate mailboxes e.g. u...@domain1.com and u...@domain2.com is done pretty easily by postfix. in the instance that you need support from the postfix-users mailing list don your douchebag-proof-suit and you should be ok so long as you don't subscribe to that list.

i have heard good things about qmail but never used it myself.

FYI - this is a very old and contentious question - 'which mta is best?'