On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:27:56 +0200
Henning Brauer <lists-open...@bsws.de> wrote:

> * Peter Miller <feu...@gmail.com> [2010-08-13 10:46]:
> > > I only want to know what is better (easiest way, most secure) to use.
> > > And have your advice.
> >
> > He just gave it to you. sendmail.
>
> I would never use sendmail for anything halfway serious.

qmail first grabbed my attention which it already had when I noticed a
large defense organisation using it.

I love qmail especially for it's use of the unix philosophy of many
small parts and that it was built with security and simplicity in
mind.

It's not too easy to setup or keep track of vulnerabilities in
patches, but spamcontrol at "www.fehcom.de" makes it easier to turn
qmail into a fully functional and modern MTA, possibly even more
functional and patched than you would desire, but still great. qmail is
almost definately easier than messing with sendmails configs, ONCE the
install is over with too.

I don't know but believe postfix has the shallowest learning
curve and has always had a good security record.

Sendmail will likely make OpenBSD upgrades easier and inherits the eyes
of OpenBSD developers.