On 09/26/2010 04:54 PM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

> It's occured to me that I think what Theo suggested was actually about
> using more than one architecture, which may be a better method over
> Linux.

How many privilege escalation attacks (normal user getting a root shell)
has OpenBSD had during the last five years? There have been several of
these in the Linux kernel (one just this month). We tested the latest
one and it worked against a fully-patched RHEL box that had the SELinux
"restrictive" policy in place.

I don't mean this as bashing Linux, just pointing out facts. I think
history shows that OpenBSD has a better track record here (if that means
anything to anyone).

Brad