>I should have actually shown how much was mismatched...and it's more than just
>the kernel:
>(SHA256) bsd: FAILED
>(SHA256) bsd.mp: FAILED
>(SHA256) bsd.rd: OK
>(SHA256) cd48.iso: FAILED
>(SHA256) cdboot: FAILED
>(SHA256) cdbr: FAILED
>(SHA256) cdemu48.iso: FAILED
>(SHA256) comp48.tgz: FAILED
>(SHA256) etc48.tgz: FAILED
>(SHA256) floppy48.fs: FAILED
>(SHA256) floppyB48.fs: FAILED
>(SHA256) floppyC48.fs: FAILED
>(SHA256) game48.tgz: FAILED
>(SHA256) man48.tgz: FAILED
>(SHA256) misc48.tgz: FAILED
>(SHA256) pxeboot: FAILED
>(SHA256) install48.iso: FAILED
>(SHA256) xbase48.tgz: OK
>(SHA256) xetc48.tgz: FAILED
>(SHA256) xfont48.tgz: FAILED
>(SHA256) xserv48.tgz: FAILED
>(SHA256) xshare48.tgz: FAILED
>
>JC Choisy(tin...@tinono.com)@Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 08:58:49PM +0000:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The kernel in latest i386 and amd64 snapshots has a sha256 checksum
>> that doesn't match what's listed in the SHA256 file. bsd.rd complains
>> about this when trying to upgrade.
>>
>> This is with the snapshots of Oct. 14th

With snapshots, this will happen from time to time.

If people start not understanding why the install media does this
check, and that failure is OK, then I will remove the code on the
install media.

Adjust your expectations.  A hash failure can be OK.

Another alternative is that I only do snapshot builds about every
2 weeks.  How's that idea?

As I say, adjust your expectations.