Theo de Raadt <deraadt <at> cvs.openbsd.org> writes:
> With snapshots, this will happen from time to time.
>
> If people start not understanding why the install media does this
> check, and that failure is OK, then I will remove the code on the
> install media.
>
> Adjust your expectations.  A hash failure can be OK.
>
> Another alternative is that I only do snapshot builds about every
> 2 weeks.  How's that idea?
>
> As I say, adjust your expectations.

OpenBSD-current is most of the times an excellent quality system,
better and more reliable than most other 'stable' systems. This may
alter one's ability to keep his expectations where they should be.

That being out of the way, you got me wondering what good is
any integrity check which failure is OK.

Thanks,
-jc